Sunday, March 2, 2008

Mock Interview Reflection

I had my mock interview on Wednesday morning. I thought it went fairly well, but there were definitely things I could improve with practice. I have not had many "real" formal interviews so I have not had very much experience. I was just a little bit nervous but not really because I knew it was not real. I didn't really know what to expect in the way of questions. I was "interviewing" for a teaching position at an elementary school in Greenville. I was asked questions about different aspects of education, No Child Left Behind, and why I would be a good or qualified teacher, among other things. Some of the questions were a little bit difficult because I am just now getting into my education classes since I am only a sophomore. I think because I have this class as a sophomore, I can begin to build on what I have already learned and what I will continue to learn in this class about the work world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem for the ed majors is that I do know enough details to ask really specific questions there, lol. I remember being at the phase you're at in my ed major. It's like a whole new world when you hit that junior year! But I think you will do great as you progress to this next level.