Friday, January 25, 2008

Ten Years from Now

I like to think about the future. I enjoy thinking about how my life will be in the years to come, what will have changed and what will still be true about me.
Ten years from now, I will be approaching my thirtieth birthday. I hope that between now and then I will find an amazing man who shares my passions and who can love me as I will love him. I hope that I will be married and have started to create a life with my husband. I want to have children by the time I am thirty, probably two or three. I hope that we will have a happy, content family and be able to enjoy and appreciate each other. I want to make faith a priority in my family, because if we do not have our faith to hold us together, we have nothing to live for. I want to live somewhere in the southern part of the United States so I can be close to my family and my kids can know their grandparents and spend time with them. In addition to being close to my family, I really love the weather and the distinct seasons here.
Professionally, I do not know where I will be. I am currently studying elementary education, so it is possible that I will be in a second or third grade classroom teaching children every day. However, if my kids are young, I really hope that my family situation will allow me to be at home with them. I was never in daycare as a child, so I hope to raise my children the same way. I do not want to miss spending time with them and seeing them grow up because I am too busy helping other people's children grow up. If my kids are school-aged, I would like to go back to teaching because I enjoy being around kids and helping them discover a desire within them to learn. I just do not want my career to ever become more important to me than my family.
This is just a glimpse into my dream for the future. Even if my life does not happen exactly the way I have imagined it, I really just want to be happy and not take any day for granted.

No comments: